Everyday exposure to creams, skin oils, hairspray, household chemicals and other substances can cause buildup that will dull your diamond's brilliance and sparkle. Use a solution of warm water mixed with a few drop of ammonia in which to soak your diamond jewelry. Gentle scrubbing with an old, soft-bristled toothbrush is useful for more extensive cleaning. Rinse and dry with a clean soft cloth.
Don't wear it when you're doing rough work or going to the gym. Even though a diamond is durable, it can be chipped by a hard blow.
Don't let it come in contact with chlorine bleach when you're doing household chores. It can damage and discolor the mounting.
CONTENT FROM: "Learn About Diamonds." Diamond Ideals. N.p., n.d. Web.